Sure, 12 years of school may have been dreadful and exhausting, but that’s not the end of your life.
As much as you want to avoid it, the future is inevitable, so might as well prepare for it!
Why do you need to prepare for your future?
In simple terms, here are some reasons why you should do so:
- Planning your life allows you to know what matters most.
- Think thoroughly, should I watch Netflix, or finish my HW?
- When you prepare for the future, you will know what your purpose in life is.
- You’ll realise that life is meaningful, and that you can achieve that huge goal you’ve been aiming for.
- Sure life is unexpected, but just imagine if you’re able to control just a slight bit of it.
- Although not everything goes your way, what you do plays quite a major role in the outcomes that happen around you.
- Let’s be honest, who does not want to be successful in life?
- Although success is relative, it’s always good to prepare yourself in order to overcome the hurdles that defy you from crossing that success line.
Well then, what are the key fundamentals needed for what’s next?
- Be Confident!
- Trust me, if you don’t even believe in yourself, who would? Don’t worry about yourself, have a little faith.
2. Practice managing your time.
- You’ve heard of the phrase “time is money” a million times, but indeed it’s true.
- Learn to value time, as misusing it may lead to huge problems.
*Plug (check out the post regarding time management on our feed)
3. Don’t be afraid to take risks
- Never hesitate to take on new challenges.
- It’s not good to spend your whole life in your comfort zone, so if there’s a new event/program that you know you’re interested in, take that leap of faith!
4. Upgrade your knowledge and experience!
- The competition in the world is fierce, so learn things outside of school!
- Don’t just stick to hydrocarbons, but go explore the world; upgrade yourself by being involved in fun activities/programs where you know you can be greatly benefited.
Essential life skills
Don’t forget, when you live alone, there won’t be any drivers or maids to help you out. Make sure to practise these skills too!
- Money’s very important in this world, so it’s also very crucial for you to know how to manage it.
- Be wise and have self control; make a budget so you won’t be in debt because of the many websites you subscribe to. ;)
Cleanliness and hygiene
- Yes, in case you’ve forgotten, you have to take care of yourself and your surroundings.
- While you have the time, learn about first aid, health measures and how to organize your items.
- Of course you’re not gonna live in this world alone right? That’s why you need to know how to socialise.
- Learn all the different etiquettes; either being a host, guest, a student, a co-worker and more so you’re developed enough to tackle all your social anxieties.
- Steber, Carolyn. “6 Tips for Planning for Your Future, Even When It Seems Super Far Away.” Bustle, Bustle, 2 Dec. 2015, www.bustle.com/articles/126929-6-tips-for-planning-for-your-future-even-when-it-seem-super-far-away.
- “Tips to Prepare for the Future.” Managementstudyguide.com, 2015, www.managementstudyguide.com/tips-to-prepare-for-the-future.htm.
- https://www.facebook.com/asianefficiency. “10 Reasons to Start Planning Your Life.” Asian Efficiency, 5 May 2016, www.asianefficiency.com/mindsets/10-reasons-to-start-planning-your-life/.